Living to make a difference in our families, church, and community. Jesus is the catalyst of this difference which strengthens our families, composes the foundation of our church, and gives us the love and compassion for our community. Leave normal living behind, and come experience the difference.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. The Scriptures are the Inspired word of God
2. There is only One True God
3. In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
4. Man Willingly Fell to Sin
5. Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’
6. Water Baptism by Immersion and the Holy Communion
7. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation
8. The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues’
9. Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation
10. The Church has a Mission
11. A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church
12. Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today
13. The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth
14. The Millennial Reign of Christ
15. A Final Judgment Will Take Place
16. There will be a New Heavens and a New Earth
MEET THE TEAM
Even though God has blessed us with a strong pastoral staff, our most valuable assets are our volunteers. It will be the volunteers, actively using their gifts in ministry, who will help us reach our God-given potential as a church. We thank God for each of them! With that said, we’d like for you to get to know the highly passionate staff that God has brought to Southview Assembly.
Clint & Mary Capps
Pastor Clint and Mary have been at Southview Assembly since 2004. Pastor Clint was the Administrator of the Opelika Utilities Board when he was called into fulltime ministry. They began as college pastors, children, and youth. In 2007 they became the Lead Pastors. Pastor Clint believes every age matters and if you have breath in your lungs you can make a difference in someone's life.